Our Hydrating Serum is 1% Hyaluronic Acid and 10% MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane). These two highly effective, and incredibly beneficial ingredients allow your skin to feel completely hydrated and firmer when combined.
The benefits of Hyaluronic Acid:
- Hydrates dry, aged skin. Many people report their skin feels “dewier,” the bags under their eyes becomes lighter, and their skin’s texture grow much smoother. This is done, in part, by reducing the amount of water-loss to the skin. Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful humectant; that means, it makes the body better at retaining and preserving moisture. Symptoms like saggy and dry skin, as well as drooping eyes or lips, are associated with aging because, as we get older, the molecules in our skin lose their ability to bind and retain water. Not only does this cause dryness, but it also decreases the skin’s volume. Along with the “normal aging process,” the aging of skin is triggered by daily exposure to pollutants and UV light.
- Hyaluronic Acid is also reported to drastically reduce wrinkles. In some studies, results have shown a statistically significant moisturizing effect resulting in finer skin texture and improved skin elasticity.
- Aside from lowering the appearance of wrinkles and dryness, due to how it keeps damaged tissue moist, Hyaluronic Acid is beneficial for treating cold and mouth sores, ulcers, wounds, as well as bites and burns. Tissue repair benefits also include sunburn relief. Many cold sore treatments, for the lips and mouth, contain hyaluronic acid gel to speed the healing process and to prevent cracking or bleeding.
Benefits of MSM:
MSM is used to treat dozens of illnesses, diseases, and painful symptoms — and, yes, because of this, it’s often called a “miracle supplement.” So, what is an MSM supplement, exactly, and why do you need to take it? It’s an organic sulfur-containing compound that naturally occurs in some green vegetables, as well as other food products. It’s used to improve immune function, lower inflammation, and to help restore healthy bodily tissue. In addition, MSM is a popular joint-health supplement.
Why did we add it to our Hydrating Serum?
MSM repairs skin health, treating skin problems, like rosacea, allergies, and wounds.
- Research shows that applying topical serums that contain MSM can help lower inflammation contributing to rosacea, skin discoloration, allergies, or slow healing wounds. MSM can also help improve the skin’s tone, reducing redness, easing sensitivity, and treating other associated symptoms.
- People also use MSM for a more youthful appearance, since it appears to help prevent wrinkles, scar formation, dark-spots, and sun damage. How is this possible? MSM is used for collagen production, and collagen is what keeps the skin from becoming saggy, wrinkled, cracked, and dry.
- Using MSM in supplement form also helps to retain precious collagen and keratin, because these “youthful” compounds all require sulfur. As we get older, we lose collagen and healthy tissue, which causes our skin-tone and elasticity to suffer. You can get even better results by using MSM, on your skin, combined with other antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A, all of which help to build new skin cells.